I have had the essure coils almost three years now. I was told there were side effects but it was pretty much allergic reactions to the nickel and since I didn’t have an allergy I should be fine. My husband was deployed and I had a three year old and a brand new baby so yeah one afternoon down time sounded better than 2-3 weeks. About 6 months in I started getting severe headaches my ovaries constantly feel as though a knife is being jabbed in them. My cysts got loads worse, my energy is gone I am constantly tired. I can’t sleep, my weight won’t go down I bloat and look 9 months pregnant again. My periods, cysts and cramps have got so bad I am currently on another form of birth control to keep those symtoms at bay. I have horrible mood swings and my libido has taken a major plunge. They don’t think my issues are caused by the Essure becaue they are in the correct place, they say the next step is thinning my uterus and last resort a hysterectomy. I just turned 30. Never did I think at this age I would want my female inside parts gone. at this point though I’m miserable I want to be me again.
- Kayla’s Story I was pregnant with my daughter, my husband was deployed, and I had a very feisty 3 year old son to care for. My husband and I had talked and we decided that due to me being high risk […]
- Deanna’s Story My name is Deanna, I am 26 yrs old and i am a mother of two. I have had essure for 3 years now. In the past 3 years i have had infrequent periods, depression and weight gain. Prior to […]
- Deborah’s Story I gave birth to my 3rd daughter in 2008. Because of my age (39), I elected to go with Essure vs the pill because of health risks associated with the pill. At that time, I could find no […]
- Iriana’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009 after my 3rd child. Due to the excessive scar tissue, my doctor wasn't able to perform a tubal and suggested Essure since i was done having […]
- Crista’s Story I had Essure coils put in after my last miscarriage in 2008. I was told it was a safer alternative to traditional tubal ligation due to being less invasive without incisions. I have had […]
- Jessica’s Story My name is Jessica I am 26 years old after having 3 kids I decided to have my rubes tied my doctor said he would rather do Essure because I wouldn't have to be put to sleep I got no […]