I had the Essure procedure on Tuesday July 30, 2013. When I talked to my doctor about getting it done I was told it would be easiest to do for me because I’m a bigger girl and laproscopy would have a longer recovery time. Thus, the Essure was supposed to be a breeze and the only side effects I was told of were a little nausea from the anethesia and light bleeding.
Two nights later I was going to the bathroom and a migraine rocketed through my head and hasn’t left me. I went to my hospital twice without feeling much relief. I’ve had CT scans of my head and pelvis, both came back negative. My head was so bad by Sunday night that I couldn’t pick my 1 year old son up and hold him because it would hurt my head to take on his weight. Every movement I made had waves of pain shooting through my head and each time I slept I would wake up screaming from pain. I have now filed an FDA report through this page and signed the petition. This Essure has been a living nightmare!
- Anne Marie’s Story Bilateral devices were installed improperly per CT scan – they pierced the fallopian tube and them migrated and perforated my uterus causing sepsis and bleeding. So much pain and […]
- Carrie’s Story After having problems with my cycle for a while, my doctor suggested endometrial ablation (NovaSure), but in order to the ablation, he required I be sterilized as he said that was the FDA […]
- Jennell’s Story I had my baby girl in 2011, my husband and I decided she would be our last. Before she turned one is when I decided to make sure there will be no more babies. I talked to my doctor (this […]
- April’s Story In 2003 I was convinced by my doctor to get the essure. I do not think I had enough time to realize that it is permanent and things change in people's lives and you might not always feel […]
- Theresa’s Story I decided to have the essure procedure done about 9 months after I had my 3rd child. I had the procedure done in August of 2007 at a hospital in Gross Pointe, MI and got my HSG test done […]
- Laurie’s Story I've been in pain for almost a week now and I've been having migraines for the past few months. It has been three years since the placement of the Essure coils and I wish I never had it […]