My name is Kelli. I had the Essure procedure done in 2008/2009 time frame. The actual procedure went fine; I went back in 6 weeks to have the HSG test performed to be sure the procedure was effective. At that time, the results showed that the coils were not in place. I was told to come back in another 6 weeks to repeat the HSG. I was actually on my period, when one of the coils came completely out. Very nervously, I phoned my doctor, on a Sunday, and went in to see her first thing Monday morning. At first, she said there was no way this could have happened. When I produced the spring, and showed it to her–she said ‘well, yes, that is one of the coils!’
From there, she scheduled an ultrasound–the other coil, was trying to come out–but didn’t make it, and is now lodged or buried in the wall of my uterus. As the other women state, the only way to remove it is to have a hysterectomy. I also don’t have any idea what long term complications could arise from having this foreign object embedded in my uterus.
- Kelli’s Story I had the procedure done about 5 or 6 years ago. About 4 weeks after the procedure, when I returned to the doctor to have the dye test done to make sure the coils were properly placed, […]
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]
- Kelly’s Story I had the Essure coils placed in June of 2013. I had the HSG test in November 2013 and it showed one coil was on the fallopian tube as it should be however the second one is embedded in a […]
- Kris’ Story I had Essure done in October of 2012, HSG test in January of 2013. This test showed the right tube was blocked but the left coil had exited the tube completely. Its current position is […]
- Cheryl’s Story I decided to get essure after learning about it from my cousin who raved about how great it was. I loved the fact it had such a short recovery time frame, and with 3 kids, that's what I […]
- Cairnie’s Story I had Essure done Feb 28, 2012. All seemed to go well until I had the 3 month follow up HSG confirmation test. It showed that one of the coils perforated my uterus and was in a coiled up […]