I had Essure done in 2009. I was 22 years old and had just learned that getting pregnant again was a death sentence for me. Essure seemed like a safe, affordable, and easy way to be sterilized.
The procedure was so painful I thought I was being ripped in half. It took twice as long as my doctor told me it would take. Almost immediately I started having severe menstrual-type cramping constantly. After several months of constant cramping, my doctor recommended I have a tubal ligation. The tubal didn’t help. I continued to have pain for 2 years, then I had a hysterectomy (at age 24.)
It has been 5 years since I had the Essure procedure. Since I had it done, I have had a tubal ligation, a hysterectomy, a laparscopy to remove scar tissue (which failed) and then a laparatomy to remove the ovary that Essure damaged. I wish I’d never heard of this procedure. My 20s have been marked by constant surgeries – these are supposed to be the best years of my life, and I feel like they’ve been a waste.
- Elyse’s Story I am 27 years old, after 3 pregnancies and 3 babies via c-section I was told on the operating table that due to scar tissure I could never get pregnant again or I would most likely bleed […]
- Racheal’s Story Hi I am a 24 year old mother of four and after the birth of my daughter in 2012 I was hospitalized for nearly a month not allowed to see my children because of the infection in my uterus […]
- Terri’s Story I tried to have Essure done in 2011. I chose a Doctor who had the ability to do it in his facility to save the out of pocket expenses of a hospital. They assured me I did not have to be […]
- Erin’s Story After having my second child, my husband and I decided that we did not want any more children; so I decided to have the essure procedure done. Within hours of having the procedure I was in […]
- Jamie’s Story I had the essure done in may of 2009 and confirmed my tubes were blocked 3 months later. I had regular periods before the essure. I have had problems with my period ever since. Odd stomach […]
- Melissa’s Story It was about 2008 or early 2009 and I was looking for permanent birth control. My dr would not even think about tieing my tubes, he said Essure was the best thing ever! well that was the […]