Just wanted to say thank you Erin and all of the women sharing their stories! I recently made the decision that I didn’t want any more birth control and chose to get sterilized, I just wasn’t sure which way I wanted to have it done. Of course the non-surgical (Essure) was looking very appealing to me and I was strongly leaning in that direction until I saw this! I still have to call to confirm my decision and I think I will go with the old fashion burn! It is possible that you all just saved me from a lot of complications that were not discussed with me at my consult, I do have to say that my DR. did go over all the options and didn’t seem too impressed with Essure from my perspective, so that kinda made me leary. But thanks again, and I wish you all well!!
- Leticia’s Story Hi my name is Leticia, I got this procedure done in 2011 after the birth of my last baby. I had gone to Kaiser to go through the required class to get my tubes tied and burned right after […]
- Lora’s Story I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS!!! In 2014 I had my IUD removed and was looking for a different type of birth control. My doctor recommended Essure. She said it was a simple and painless […]
- Brenda’s Story After many years of using different types of birth control, I was ready for something permanant. I spoke with my Gyno and he recommanded the essure, I explained that I was more […]
- Ashli’s Story I had the Esurre procedure done in March 2011 after the birth of my 3rd child. Before this my periods were very light and very regular. Now they are so unpredictable and very heavy with […]
- Linda’s Story I am a 38 year old wife and mother of four. I delivered my last baby in June of 2013 and consulted my OB about a permanent form of birth control. At the point of the consultation I had […]
- Jody’s Story After having 2 c-sections, and getting my incision infected both times, I knew I was done having kids. When I explored my options my doctor had suggested getting the essure done because […]