At almost 31 years old, I am now pregnant with my 5th child. Even though I had the Essure procedure done last year to prevent any further pregnancies. I am only 10 weeks, and in constant fear of what might happen. Will i miscarry? Go into preterm labor? Will my baby have birth defects from nickel exposure and PET fibers entering his/her bloodstream? And where can I find an OB who sees this as a high risk pregnancy?
Even before getting pregnant, I had problems with side effects. Which I never knew were side effects until I found a Facebook group devoted to Essure problems. I have chronic migraines, severe exhaustion at all times, back pain, weight gain, depression, change in sex drive plus pain during sex, restless leg syndrome symptoms that are in my whole body. This last one has me most concerned. Apparently, some women with Essure have this symptom evolve into stroke-like symptoms.
I have five children, hopefully six in October, who need me to be here and healthy for them. Essure has taken that from my kids, and made me feel as though I am a failure. Nobody else should ever have to endure this.
- Krystal’s Story 2 years ago I was happy and healthy. We decided our family was complete and I went to my OB GYN to talk about permanent birth control. I asked her about the Essure procedure. Essure is a […]
- Rebecca’s Story I was done having children asked my doctor to tie my tubs and he told me about essure and I thought it was a good idea until after I got the procedure i found out 4 weeks later that I was […]
- Tasha’s Story First of all thanks to the brave women that were able to connect the dots. I am a daughter/wife/sister/mother and victim of this mess. I have a clotting disorder Antiphosphate Lipid […]
- LaKeisha’s Story I chose to get the essure due to the circumstances of my life. I am only 23 years old but have 4 children. I thought I wouldnt want anymore children, didnt realize I would regret the […]
- Holly’s Story My story began after having my 3rd child in March of 2011. I knew that our family was done growing and my husband and I were tyring to figure out which one of us was going to be the […]
- Rachel’s Story I was inplanted with essure begging my ob/gyn to tie my tubes After my second child. He told me 'oh we don't do that anymore, only for c sections, would you like a csection?' Why […]