I had Essure implants 6 years ago. Shortly thereafter, I experienced strange symptoms which were never definitely diagnosed. I had to quit running, biking and doing triathlons due to joint pain, extremely low energy, brain fog, and unexplained weight gain. I was told I may have adrenal gland fatigue.
After over a year of extensive herbal and vitamin therapy I felt a bit better for a while. Recently, I have had recurring vaginal yeast infections (despite anti-fungals), sinus pain, joint pain, brian fog, low energy and more unexplained weight gain.
The closest thing to a diagnosis so far is systemic candida. But, that doesn’t explain why the symptoms come back as soon as the anti-fungals are stopped.
A doctor today asked if I had an IUD or any other implant, and so I started thinking about when my symptoms started and researching Essure. I’m frightened and relieved at the same time! Maybe this is the answer!
- Leigh’s Story After having severe hyperemesis to the point of hospitalization with two pregnancies I knew I was done and needed to do something to prevent it again. Doctors warned me that each […]
- Linda’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in November 2008. It was a quick visit and no surgery which sounded perfect to me as they lost me on the table when I had my c-section delivering my son, so […]
- Sandra’s Story I had Essure implanted on March 2, 2009. I was looking for a permanent form of birth control that would also stop my heavy periods. My Dr. Said this world do the trick and be awesome […]
- Melissa’s Story I was implanted with Essure in September 2008. Shortly after the procedure I became nauseated and had a severe headache. Within weeks I had strange rashes on my arms and occasionally had a […]
- Amy’s Story In 2008 after my separation from now ex husband, I knew I needed some type of permanent birth control. I went to see my doctor wanting a tubaligation, but was told about this Essure in […]
- Seana’s Story I had the Essure procedure about a year ago because I no longer wanted to take the Depo Provera injections due to an history of breast cancer in my family. I did like this mode of birth […]