I am 45 years of age and have had the essure implants for several years. My obgyn at the time recommended having it implanted before having an ablation done. I so desparately wanted the heavy periods to stop that I agreed. Since such time I have had uncountable urinary tract infections, cramping, bloating, stomach ulcers, extreme fatigue, incontinence, depression and much much more. I have been to the hospital numerous times with abdominal pain. I have seen three obgyns and a urologist besides regular visits to my family doctor.
My only saving grace in all this is my family doctor who has not given up on me and has come to the same conclusion as myself. The essure implants are the cause of my severe abdominal pain. The pain use to be intermittent but as of July 2014 it has been consistent. I was advised by the most recent gynocologist that if I was going to have issues with the essure my body would have rejected the implants early on. I am a police officer in one of the most dangerous city’s in the country. I need to be able to perform my job at 100 percent. I am so exasperated with this whole issue and I do not know what step to take next. I just want to feel like my old self again.
- Megan’s Story I had the Essure procedure in May of 2010. Since I had the Essure proceudre my periods have been heavy, at times my periods would come 2 times a month lasting a week or longer. Sometimes I […]
- Patricia’s Story I had the Essure since October 2012. Since then I found it extremely difficult to lose weight, the more I tried the more I gained. I feel disgusting in my own skin. I not only look […]
- Stephanie’s Story After having two chilren back to back and a husband who suffered a massive heart attack at a very young age I decided that having more children was not an option. Dealing with the two […]
- LeAnne’s Story When I got pregnant right before January of 2012 my husband and I were so excited. I tried for 5 years with my ex husband and for 4 yeara my husband and I were not exactly trying but not […]
- Nia’s Story After reading some of the stories online, I realize that first, my story begins a lot earlier than most and second, it isn't nearly as bad as what other women have gone through, but it's […]
- Aimee’s Story This was the worse decision I have ever made in my life. I have been dealing with alot of problems since the procedure. I was scared to get the regular tieing the tubes thing because of […]