I have known for my whole adult life that having children was not for me. After turning 30 in 2003 I got to looking into methods of permanent sterilization – and Essure came up as a viable, non-surgical, option. I met with my doctor and after long talks with her and really being able to convey the fact that I do not want children, nor do I want to be on birthcontrol (adverse reactions) we opted for the Essure procedure. It seemed like a great, non-surgical, permanent measure with no issues through trials, etc.
At that time it was pretty new to the market and she put me under general anesthesia for the procedure. Everything seemed to go smoothly, I went back and had the HSG done and my tubes were all blocked.
Ever since then I had mild burning sensations in my abdomen, nobody ever mentioned a nickel allergy to me in relation to these coils. Over the years after I was going to the doctor off and on for what I thought may be UTIs but it would turn out to be BV, which I have had (what seems like) a million times in the last ten years – I can’t help but wonder if these coils are causing what I suffer with. Nobody ever suggested anything to do w/Essuure.
- Stephanie’s Story My name is Stephanie. I am a 28 year old mother of 5 amazing girls. Pregnancies were always hard on me. I suffered 3 miscarriages by the time I concieved my fourth daughter. I was told I […]
- Leola’s Story At 29 years old I had my only child, worst pain I thought. I asked about getting fixed and she said ok. I went in for clamps to be put on my tubes, well she could not brake through my […]
- Melissa’s Story In July of 2010 I had the Essure procedure after having our second child. At the time, I was 38. My husband, Will and I decided we were done having children. My OB assured me that Essure […]
- Kristyn’s Story I had the Essure procedure performed in 2008 after my second child was born. I was seeking permanent sterilization as the delivery of my son was extraordinarily difficult. Since the […]
- Erin’s Story I had the Essure procedure done after I went to my gynocologist for heavier periods. I initially asked them to do a uterine abalation to decrease my bleeding, not for sterilization. I have […]
- Shelly’s Story I had the Essure procedure done a few years ago. My doctor KNEW I had a metal allergy, yet didn't even explain that to me when I went in for the procedure. Needless to say, here it is […]