I am 41 years old now. I had the essure implants in 2010 after the birth of my twins, since then my health began to fail. I have experienced excessive bleeding, on any given monthly cycle I have passed more than 2 cups of blood clots. I have sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdominal area and debilitating pain each month. I constantly feel dizzy and light headed. I was recently hospitalized due to a perforated transverse colon and developed sepis and almost died. Doctors could not tell me what caused that tear in my colon. After all the research I feel that all these health problems began aproximately six month to a year after my surgery. I was told this surgery was permanent and could not be reversed now after all of these health problems I just want them out even if they have to do a historectomy. Unfortunately I cant afford to do that at this time.
- Rachel’s Story I had the essure coils done in July of 2011. The first month I was fine and was told my cycle may or may not start. The month of September 2011 is when my pain cycle began and lasted over […]
- Lilian’s Story I decided to get the Essure implants after I had my fourth child. I didn't want to go through any surgery and when I asked my doctor about getting a tubal done he advised that this would […]
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]
- Kristen’s Story I am 27 and mother of 3 handsome little boys. I knew I was done and decided to go through with sterilization. I was all for tubal but my doctor said that the Essure was a great way to go […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure coils procedure done October of 2010. In March of 2012 I had already started the many doctors visits that would lead to me needing a hysterectomy! My periods had became […]
- Malea’s Story After the birth of my 3rd child, I had the Essure placed in October of 2009. As someone with a high tolerance to pain, I just kept thinking the extreme cramping would subside. After about […]