I had the Essure procedure done on the 10/11/12. I tried to get my tubes tied in 2007 but because of too much scar tissue from a previous surgery my Doctor was unable to get to my tubes, at that time I had 5 children. I just had my 8th child 7/27/12, so my husband & I were looking for an alternative for permanent birth control. My Doctor suggested Essure, really sold me on it, since I wasn’t able to get my tubes tied.
Since the Essure procedure I’ve been in constant pain, severe cramping, sharp pain on both sides, dizziness, headaches, back pain, hair loss, fatigue, memory loss, nausea & horrible bloating! I went to the E.R today & had a sonogram. The technician, my husband & I could clearly see one of the coils in my uterus! After they sent the pictures via email to the radiologist they came back to say they were in place, sent me home with the diagnosis of a UTI, antibiotics & pain medication. None of the Doctor’s at the hospital have even heard of Essure, which leaves me to believe they don’t know what to look for!
I’m tired of getting the run around, I just want them out & I want to be back to normal if at all possible.
- Jessica’s Story After having my second son, I knew I did not want any more children. I spoke with my ob-gyn about having my tubes tied and he suggested ESSURE. He said there was no surgery involved, no […]
- Krystal’s Story I have been blessed by 5 beautiful children. I concieved our 4th child while I was on traditional birth control. He was born with a congenital heart defect along with other medical […]
- Crystal’s Story As soon as I got pregnant with my third child I knew I was done having children. I wanted to make sure I was fixed as soon as I could be after her birth. I consulted with an ob/gyn, I was […]
- Kristie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009. I thought it would be perfect for me as I was a stay at home mom of now 4 children. Everything was great. Only a little cramping. The next day I […]
- Aimy’s Story I decided to have the Essure procedure done in June 2012, after deciding I didn't want anymore children (ages 19 and 13). I discussed this option with my obgyn after deciding to get off […]
- Elaine’s Story I'm 33 years old and a mother of 4. I had my only son back in 2010 and with that delivery I had an emergency C-Section. I was supposed to have my tubes tied but since I had an emergency […]