I decided to get the Essure implants after I had my fourth child. I didn’t want to go through any surgery and when I asked my doctor about getting a tubal done he advised that this would be a better option for me. I had the procedure done in January 2011, six months after I had my last baby and my life changed since then. I’m usually a very health person. I don’t visit the doctor often because I rarely have any issues but once I got the implants I started to notice changes in my body such as mood swings, depression, acne, light headiness, sharp pain in my lower back, stabbing pains around my ovaries, lack of sleep, fatigue, etc.
I consulted my doctor about it but all my blood work came back normal. The whole ordeal has caused me to have issues with my husband and my children. I was even close to ending my marriage because of the side effects that this procedure is causing me. I’m a completely different person.
- Chelsea’s Story I had my Essure coil implantation done on August 2nd 2011. I was a healthy 26 year old mother of 4 and thought I was doing the right thing by getting essure done to protect me from […]
- Leean’s Story I am 41 years old now. I had the essure implants in 2010 after the birth of my twins, since then my health began to fail. I have experienced excessive bleeding, on any given monthly cycle […]
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Jessica’s Story My name is Jessica I am 26 years old after having 3 kids I decided to have my rubes tied my doctor said he would rather do Essure because I wouldn't have to be put to sleep I got no […]
- Laurel’s Story I had the Essure implants shortly after I have birth to my second child. My husband and I talked and decided that we were happy with 2 children, and since both pregnancies were trying in […]
- Maribel’s Story I had Essure implanted in September 2009 with the advice of my doctor (I had never heard of it before). I went in to seek advice on my birth control options, my Doctor recommended the […]