I had the essure procedure back in 2008. After having 5 children I wanted a permanent birth control without going under the knife. My maternity nurse told me about essure, so I asked my doctor about the procedure and she said that it would be an easy procedure. After the procedure I was ok, but for about three weeks I had severe lower back pain. When I went back to the doctor she said it was normal but she did an ultrasound to check. It came back normal. When it is time for my periods I know when it is time because I get this lower back pain and a heavy, clotted start to my periods. A few years ago I changed my gyne doctor and I told him about my issues, so he did an ultrasound and said it is normal, that it is not the essure. I did not realize how many women have had problems with essure. I just wish I wouldn’t of had it done.
- Amber’s Story My story actually involves two of Bayers devices, Mirena and Essure. After the birth of my daughter in 2007, I had the Mirena inserted after being encouraged by my doctor and his nurse. At […]
- Lilly’s Story When my 25th birthday hit, I headed to the OBGYN to finally get my tubal ligation. The Doctor at the military hospital would not do them till then. When I got there she told me about a […]
- Nicole’s Story I am the mother of four wonderful children. All under the age of 8 at this point! I had tried other birth control in the past but had suffered from negative symptoms. My regular ob office […]
- Christy’s Story I got my Essure procedure on Feb. 21, 2013 when my youngest child was 5 mos old on the day. When I gave birth to her I weighed 148lbs. By the time I had this procedure done I was back down […]
- Pamela’s Story My name is Pam and I've had Essure placed in 2008. I had some slight pain from the start, but thought it would go away over time. Due to my high pain tolerence, I felt I could handle it […]
- Ebony’s Story Hello my name is Ebony Johnson! I'm 37 years young with three children. In 2011 I went to a obgyn doctor because I was interested in getting a long term birth control. To make a long story […]