I had the Essure coils implanted in May 2009. No history of any gynecological problems prior and two uneventful pregnancies. Gradually, after Essure, my periods became heavier, more painful and went from about 7 deays (prior to Essure) to 11. Then in June 2012, I began spotting nonstop in between periods. I was cleared for endometriosis, fibroids, cancer, tumors, etc. No known cause for the spotting. So I had an endometrial ablation performed, my the same Ob/Gyn in August 2012 to stop the spotting. But it was unsuccessful and the spotting continued. (Hmmmm, was I bleeding from my fallopian tubes??) So I then scheduled a total robotic, laproscopic hysterectomy in November 2012. We agreed I was keeping my ovaries but my surgeon (same Ob/Gyn) was insistent about removing my fallopian tubes…said removing them would reduce the liklihood of developing ovarian cancer in the future. So I agreed to the removal of my fallopian tubes. I had just heard about the Essure complaints and asked him, point blank, was this being caused my Essure? Had my Essure coils migrated? He said no to both. And I proceeded w/ the hysterectomy. Finally no more symptoms. But what a price to pay! I was only 39 years old.
- Cassandra’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2004 and have experienced multiple issues ever since. It started off simple enough with what I thought were menstrual cramps, even though I had […]
- Nancy’s Story When I became pregnant with my second child at the age of 38 in 2010 I talk to my doctor about having my tubes tied. given my past history of the IUD and ovarian cyst I had a long talk […]
- Danielle’s Story I had my son in 2007, after six pregnancies, and three live births I was told by my doctor about Essure. I went 6 week after my son was born and had the Essure implants put in, in my […]
- Kimberly’s Story Five years ago I decided that I didn't want anymore children. My husband and I had been blessed with a son and had experienced a miscarriage in the past. My doctor told me about Essure and […]
- Michelle’s Story In 2011, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and before my doctor would perform a uterine ablation he reccomended implanting ESSURE to sterilize me. Instantly something did not feel right […]
- Jo-Lin’s Story In October of 2007 I had my daughter . My second child. A obgyn offered me the Essure procedure as a form of birth contract as I had no previous stomach surgeries and had severe medication […]