My name is Lisa I am 30 years old. I had the essure procedure done in August 2014, I went in to have my confirmation of closure test done on November 19th. The metal rods came out of my fallopian tubs and placed somewhere else. My doctor has to go in surgically and find them. I also need to have my fallopian tubes removed. The procedure to have them inserted was painful as well. If you should choose birth control in my opinion please do not choose this one. it should not be on the market. It has caused physical and emotional damage. I will need to miss more than 7 days of work to recover from what this nightmare has done to me. Thats if everything goes well.
Please consider other options, this is not a good thing at all.
- Lisa’s Story I had Essure implanted in Sept 2014. I'm 37 and divorced with one daughter. Because of my age, obgyn's will only give progesterone-only birth control. I had tried Mirena and Progestin (the […]
- Sara’s Story My name is Sara Strum, and as I sit and type this I'm in severe pain. It starts in my abdomin, goes down into my groin and into my back, then down my leg all the way to my ankle. I had […]
- Lora’s Story I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS!!! In 2014 I had my IUD removed and was looking for a different type of birth control. My doctor recommended Essure. She said it was a simple and painless […]
- Shalia’s Story My name is Shalia I am 30, but I was 22 at the time I got the Essure. I had just had my 2nd child and made the decision that 2 was enough for me so I began speaking with my doctor about a […]
- Lisa’s Story I had essure done in 2011 after I had my daughter and gall bladder removed as well within a matter of 4 months. I remember that day well when I went to dr. for the procedure they had given […]
- Bridgette’s Story I had the essure procedure done in the summer of 2009 after the birth of my fifth child. I was 30 at the time and was certain I did not want anymore . I talked to my doctor about […]