In 2002, I was already a Mother of three and was looking for an easy way to get fixed without having surgery, so my doctors recommended Essure. They discussed that it’s surgery free, easy 20 minute procedure in office then I’d go home. It sounded like a great decision, so I said yes. A couple days later I went to my doctor to have the procedure done, two hours after he started the inserts I remember the pain and looking down to see blood all over the chair. he sent me home and told me to come back in a few weeks for a checkup. Two weeks later still in severe pain and still bleeding profusely I went for my checkup only to find out that my Fallopian tubes had busted and my uterus was swollen. So the doctor sent me straight over to the Emergency room and called for an emergency hysterectomy. I do not recommend this method to anyone, and yes I cry all the time because I was 21 and thought I knew an easy way out.
- Lisa’s story I had the Essure Implants in May 2007. While I was still in the day surgery recovering, I was given three different kinds of medication to stop the pain and it did nothing! I was finally […]
- Kelli’s Story I had essure in 2011. It seemed very appealing since it was a simple procedure that could be done in office and too be honest it was a fairly easy procedure. Then when I went […]
- Megan’s Story My name is Megan, After I had my last daughter on April 29th 2012 I asked about getting my tubes tied. I was advised because I have a blood disorder Vonwilderbrands I should probably try […]
- Nichole’s Story I got the essure in Dec 2009 as a friend referred me to it as the down time was next to nothing. During my procedure I had extreme pain when they went to put the coil in my right tube. […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the essure procedure. I thought everything was going okay for my right tube, but then when my doctor inserted the coil in my left side it took him a long time and I was in immense […]
- Teryn’s Story Hello- I am a 26 year old mother of two children. My son is six and my daughter is one. After having my daughter I decided I really didn't want anymore. I had spoke with my doctor about […]