I had the essure procedure a few years ago. The device in the left tube broke and a portion of the device was ‘floating around’ in my abdomen. My obgyn went in and tied both tubes and ‘fished’ out the broken coil. Of course Conceptus claimed that they were not responsible even though it was a defective device. Because this had happened in less than 1% of cases and because this was a known risk (it never occurred to me this was a potential risk) I was faced with a huge medical bill. I opted for this procedure because it was covered on my insurance. Tubal ligation was not. Fortunately for me, my obgyn’s office covered everything my insurance didn’t pay. They certainly didn’t have to pick up the tab since they were not at fault. Every time I go for my yearly, I am angry to see that women are still being presented with the Essure option. My experience was horrible but had a positive outcome. But I hate to think of any woman choosing this option without knowing all the facts/risks. I truly feel this device should be taken off the market.
- Corey’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in October of 2010 after having my daughter in July. I was told that this was an easy procedure with no down time and at the time it seemed like the perfect […]
- Kristen’s Story Well today is turning out to be a slightly ridiculous day. In August I had the Essure process performed to tie my tubes. What it does is it puts a small spring in each fallopian tube which […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the essure procedure. I thought everything was going okay for my right tube, but then when my doctor inserted the coil in my left side it took him a long time and I was in immense […]
- Ruby’s Story I had the essure procedure done in january 2005, I had signed documents to have a regular tubal ligation done, but after I gave birth to my 4th child my doctor told me that I had a lot of […]
- Brandy’s Story I had essure implanted in October 2010 and now I wish I never had it done I want them out and my tubes restored but my insurance won't cover it unless I have a hysterectomy there's nothing […]
- Jennifer’s Story here is an update on my last story ,i went back to the doctor after finding out that one of the essure coils were in my uterus and after looking at the x rays he said that it was in place […]