I CAN’T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS!!!
In 2014 I had my IUD removed and was looking for a different type of birth control. My doctor recommended Essure. She said it was a simple and painless procedure that would be permanent birth control. I agreed to the procedure. What a mistake.
I have been in pain since the day the procedure was done. I went back to her and she said that after the inflammation went down I should be OK. Since then I have been experiencing night sweats like crazy. I still have pain and my lower back hurts. When I wake in the morning, after a restless night of sweating, it takes a second before I can move. I’m always tired and I’ve gained so much weight. The crazy part is even getting the energy to exercise is a struggle now so the weight just keeps coming on.
I really wish I’d known about the problems with the Essure before. I would never recommend it and I pray it’s taken off the market so other women don’t have to go through what I’m going through.
- Cheryl’s Story In 2010 my gynecologist performed a CONE procedure, removing several layers of my cervix due to abnormal pap smears. He told me that because of the weakening of my cervix, I would no […]
- Linda’s Story In 2010 I decided to have the Essure procedure, after I had complications during pregnancy with my second child. Since then I have had severe, stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen […]
- Lisa’s Story My name is Lisa I am 30 years old. I had the essure procedure done in August 2014, I went in to have my confirmation of closure test done on November 19th. The metal rods came out of my […]
- Dawn’s Story Just wanted to send a quick update! My insurance fought and fought for me to NOT have a hysterectomy; however, my doctor finally won out! On October 1, 2014, I had a full hysterectomy to […]
- Kyley’s Story Just wanted to say thank you Erin and all of the women sharing their stories! I recently made the decision that I didn't want any more birth control and chose to get sterilized, I just […]
- Kathleen’s Story I just had the procedure and caught a quick warning sign on the news Yesterday. I decided on the procedure as a less invasive form of steilization because I'm in my late 40's and needed […]