My fiancé and I chose to have the procedure done after having our second baby. Our youngest daughter was born with cystic fibrosis and we were not planning on having any more children out of fear that that child too would have CF. Our second daughter was a surprise, and luckily she did not inherit the disease. I had the Essure procedure done in April of 2012. I started getting terrible headaches around August of 2012. I continue to have them on almost a daily basis. My periods are now 7 days long versus the 5 day period I was once used to. Also, my periods are much more painful; heavier with worse cramps. there are times when ill get a terrible pain in the same area as my coils; they are debilitating. It usually subsides after about 30-50 seconds each time. Finally, my fiancé and I were having intercourse one night and he winced in pain, stating that he felt like he had been stung. He looked at his penis and was had been cut. I am making an appointment to see my OB. I’m worried that a piece (or all) all of a coil has fallen off and moved down into my cervix or is somehow piercing through. Update to come.
- Lori’s Story I wish someone could just help me. I have days where I don't even feel like going on it gets so bad. I had the Essure procedure three years ago. I have suffered many […]
- Lori’s Story I just learned that my niece is pregnant after having Essure implanted. She is throwing up all day, in severe pain, headache – miserable. She has been assured that her baby is fine […]
- Kathryn’s Story I am 29, I have one son (8) and I've had 6 unexplained miscarriages. Back in March I went to the GYN office I have been going to since I was 13. I had not been to that office in sometime […]
- April’s Story Hello! After giving birth to my third child (husband and I have 7 children all together), we had decided that we were done having children. I visited my ob gyn and went over my options. He […]
- Tiffany’s Story My name is Tiffany, I am 43 and 2 years ago when I decided to have the Essure procedure done it was because my children were grown and I surely didnt want any babies at this point in my […]
- Mother of 3’s Story Hello I am 34 years old and I had the Essure procedure done after my 3rd child back in 2011. They told me that this procedure was 100% garranted and I will not have anymore children, will […]