I had my essure coils implanted in October of 2012. Since that time I have seen heart specialists for severe chest pain, have had 2 ultrasounds, a mammogram, and an MRI for lumps and breast pain, 2 abdominal and 1 Transvaginal ultrasound for excruciating pelvic pain, have had bloodwork done to test my thyroid, RH factor, ANA, because of joint pain….I’m sure you get the picture. out of all the tests I have been through the only diagnosis made has been Raynaud’s syndrome. This to me does not explain the migraine headaches I get 3 to 4 times a week, my pelvic pain, the stabbing burning pain at the opening of my vagina, joint pain, back pain, swollen hands, feet, and legs, severe abdominal bloating, painful intercourse, irregular periods, frequent urination, urine leakage, pressure and pain while urinating or standing . I never had any of these problems before I had these things put in my body!!! My life has been ruined. I’m always in pain, always tired, and most months spend 12-14 days in the fetal position on my couch trying to deal with the pain. I am currently looking into getting a hysterectomy to have them removed and hope that soon I will get my life back.
- Kimika’s Story Hi, My name is Kimika Madison am from Milwaukee, WI. I had the Essure place in me around 2012 or 2013. When I had it done the doctor told me I was block and everything should be fine. The […]
- Debra’s Story My story is a lot like Patty's story.I had my procedure done in February 2009 after I had my third child. For the first six months I never had a period. Ever since then I have very severe […]
- Melissa’s Story I am a recent patient who had the Essure implanted in my tubes on July 11, 2012 following the loss of a child on May 25, 2012. Even though I knew nothing about the procedure, I put my […]
- Michelle’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in Feb. 2009; my husband and I realized we were done having kids. The procedure took about an hour and a half for me because my uterus is too small. It […]
- Toni’s Story After having a surprise baby in 2007 when I was 32 (I already had an 18, 16 & 14 year old at the time) and now having high blood pressure, I was advised that it was dangerous for me […]
- Jeani’s Story I have two children and was not interested in having any more, so I went to my doctor to discuss permanent birth control options. My doctor recommended Essure, and it sounded like the […]