My name is Louise and I am a mother of almost 5 year old twin girls in Cornwall in the UK. I had essure last year because my husband and I are happy with the family we have, and like many other women on this site, I was only told of what would happen during the procedure and not of any long term after effects. Everything was fine to begin with, but a few months afterwards, I began to notice a change in my body. I have always been one of those unfortunate women who are prone to thrush, but since essure I have had it worse than ever, I find that I easily get sore down below plus I have issues with smell and excessive discharge, bloatedness, headaches and period pain in between periods, not to mention mood swings, all of which are getting in the way of my intimate life with my husband! I have been to the Dr’s several times and simply get told it’s either thrush or nothing to be concerned about, which of course it isn’t. So, I have decided that I am going to research into the issues associated with essure as much as I can, and then go to my Dr again armed with proof of my problems and demand that something finally gets done. Enough is enough!
- Emma’s Story Hi, I am in the UK and today received a letter from the hospital that did the procedure (Cornwall) to tell me that I needed to contact them due to an 'unexpectedly high failure rate' with […]
- Annette’s Story I was 31 years old when I had the essure procedure done, I research all the options and I was told that the essure would be less Problematic for my body and shorter time for recovery on my […]
- Elise’s Story I am a wife and a mother of two. After my second child I was looking for permanent birth control my doctor at that time suggested essure he explained that there was know down time from […]
- Cintina’s Story I had Essure placed September 9, 2013 at first everything was great i was happy with my decision then little things started happening, back pain, migraine's, tiredness, lack of energy.. […]
- Jacquelyn’s Story Jan. 5, 2013 Hello, My name is Jacquelyn Edden and I am writing to you in hopes you would assist me on my journey to share my story. I am 28 years old and a mother of 4. In July […]
- Jessica’s Story I was a mother of 3 by the age of 23 and I was dealing with postpartum depression. I went to my obstetrician to talk about what I was going through.. I broke down in tears in front of him […]