I had the Essure Procedure done in October of 2011. I had severe pain for about 6 weeks following the procedure. I also had kept my Mirena IUD for birth control protection. Unfortunately, it was just recently that I went in for the procedure to make sure the tubes were blocked and remove my IUD. They found that the right coil is about 3-4 inches away from my fallopian tube. I do not have answers to what is next, or where exactly the coil is. I am scared and frustrated that this ‘in office, non surgical’ procedure has caused me pain and now a future surgery to locate and remove it! I own my own business and I am at least 50% of my household income and cannot afford the recovery time, one of the factors leading my husband and I do have this procedure done.
- Nichole’s Story I got the essure in Dec 2009 as a friend referred me to it as the down time was next to nothing. During my procedure I had extreme pain when they went to put the coil in my right tube. […]
- Kayla’s Story My name is Kayla. I am 25 years old and have 2 children, 8 year old son and now 10 month old daughter. My husband and I decided 2 was a good number for us, so I made an appointment to talk […]
- Michelle’s Story Hello, My name is Mic Burt. In July 2012, I had an oops pregnancy. At the age of 40 the miscarriage that followed was a disguised blessing but not something that any woman wants to go […]
- Nikki’s Story In febuary 2011 I had a consultation with my doctor about forms of birth control as I had six sucsseful preganancies and my family was complete. I wanted to make the best decision that […]
- Rachael’s Story I had the essure procedure. After I was sent home I had severe cramping and pain. I called the doctor who put it in and was told by his staff that he was busy amd would not be calling me […]
- Christina’s Story My name is Christina and I am a mother of five. I gave birth to my 5th and final child in 2006 and decided to research permanent birth control solutions. I read everything I could and […]