I had the Essure done in 2007 as a form of permanet birth control. At the time it sounded like the best way to go, it was less evasive and less recovery time than a tubal ligation. At least that is what my doctor was pushing at the time. Since then I have had severe pelvic pain, inflammation, pain during intercourse, chronic fatigue, lower back pain, severe migraines, weight gain, depression, sharp shooting pains in my uterus and bloating. Just until recently I hadn’t even realized that these symptoms were connected to the essure coils. Not until I started seeing stories on the news about other women having the same and worse issues than me. I then started looking for a doctor that would remove the coils which they are harder to find then one might think. Luckily I did find an awesome doctor that agrred to take them out!! I will be E Free in less than a week!!
- Mandy’s Story Essure was supposed to make my life easier. ..no surgery permanent birth control and right back to work the next day. I had no idea that single outpatient trip to my doctors office would […]
- Cindy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2008, when I was 30. I was so excited to have a permanent form of birth control that didn't involve hormones and didn't need to be monitored or re-done. […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done at my healthcare provider back in August of 2010. Since the device is hormone free and permanent, I thought it was the best decision for me. By April, 2011, […]
- April’s Story Hi my name is April, I had the Essure procedure done on 12/3/2013 in my Ob office and was put out for it. Since then I have experienced migraines, constant pelvic cramping and pain, weight […]
- Nancy’s Story I like many other women have had numerous complications I believe are caused by having the Essure implanted January 2013. Since having the Essure put in, my life hasn't been the same with […]
- Wendy’s Story I am 38 years old, a wife and a mother of two grown children. In February of 2012 I was told by my obgyn doctor that he recommended the essure device for my irregular periods and as a […]