Here is my story: I have a son with special needs and after genetic testing and the high possibility of having more with the same condition I decided in 2008 to use the ESSURE device after the suggestion of my doctor and research about it. I am suffering a lot of medical consequences that where not informed to me. By researching and discussing with more ‘essure recipients’ I NOW know that the side effects of this device are devastating for a lot of women and their families. I live in daily extreme back pain because of this device, always worry about the possibility of the device to move and damage parts of my body. Always worry about the possibility of getting pregnant, (that % is way too high in real life that the % that BAYER proclaim) or even worst worry about having a miscarriage.
I understand that when a product is developed there are too many WHAT IF but by now the FDA have a huge group of women informing the terrible side effects of this device and is there MORAL obligation to stop this product in order to save lives of women and babies and preserve the quality of life of women looking for a SAFE permanent birth control.
- Elizabeth’s Story Hello, first thank you to Erin Brockovich for setting this web page up and also to the other women who have shared. Given the difficulties other women have reported, I almost feel guilty […]
- Tina’s Story My name is Tina, im from oklahoma. Im 34 years old and the mother of 4. After the birth of my 4th child my physician suggested the essure device because i didnt want to use birth control […]
- Joy’s Story Hello everyone I had the procesure done in 2010. Since then I have been miserable. My quality of life has diminished tremendously. I have never had menstrual cramps until I had the […]
- Amber’s Story My story actually involves two of Bayers devices, Mirena and Essure. After the birth of my daughter in 2007, I had the Mirena inserted after being encouraged by my doctor and his nurse. At […]
- Debra’s Story I have to say… I have had 'The coils' as I call them, for 7 years. Not a day goes by when the pain is not there. When on my cycle… now extremely random… The pain is so […]
- Aretha’s Story Hello my name is Aretha Washington and i have two kids. I decided that I wanted no more kids at the age of 30. So my primary doctor told me about the Essure implant in 2008. It was the […]