I had the Essure procedure in August 2011, I thought it was no big deal – but then, my periods became heavy and lasted forever! Up to 2 weeks and the cramping was mind blowing. My ovaries hurt constantly in the months after and I always felt gassy, this continued on for months. I also never had yeast infections, but I began getting them every 4 month’s after this procedure. I also have a nickel allergy and I told the Doctor, but was told that the nickel wasn’t enough to cause harm, well I believe differently now.
In February 2012, I had a regular period. In March 2012 I was 16 days late, so I took a test and it was positive but a few days later I had bad cramping and bleeding, and passed some tissues. I have not had that happen again, but the yeast infections continue and when I ovulate I am in extreme pain and it hurts to have sex with my husband. This essure had I researched it would not have been not been put in. This morning I was at the ER with my 5th yeast infection, I am at the point of making an appointment with my Doctor now to find out my options and where to go now.
- Brittni’s Story I had the procedure done in 2011 I have yet to have any complications from it except for I do get yeast infections a lot more and even some vaginal Infections. When I went into the OB 41 […]
- Jean’s Story I ended up having a full Hysterectomy not even a year after the procedure. Within a month or so of having the Essure procedure I began experiencing pain and infections. I had no choice but […]
- Renee’s Story Hello my name is Renee Dowdy and I have chose to have the essure procedure done. I also have regretted getting it done at the age of 24 with 2 kids. I have had ongoing yeast and bacteria […]
- Amanda’s Story I had Essure done in 2008 after my third child was born. Everything seemed fine for awhile then I started getting infection after infection and had a yeast infection every single month. I […]
- Nicole’s Story I had essure implanted in August of 2015 (age 33) and had my conformation test on time in November. I have 2 children, both cesarean births. My story is neutral for anyone looking […]
- Teresa’s Story Hello, my name is Teresa and I had the Essure procedure done in November, 2010. I was told by my OBGYN that it was an easy procedure with very little pain. He asked me if I was allergic to […]