I had the procedure done in 2005 or 2006. One of the inserts did not position 100% correctly, but it blocked the tube and nothing needed to be done. In January of 2014, I started having irregular periods, 4 cycles in 10 weeks. I am 40 years old, so I thought maybe it was a sign of pre menopause. I saw my regular doctor in the middle of March 2014, they completed an ultrasound, and did blood work to see if something else was going on. Nothing with the blood work showed a reason for increase in periods. The ultrasound showed a fibroid, I did not know how big or anything, and it showed I had an IUD placed. Incorrect, I never had an IUD inserted. After some insistance on my part, I saw a OB/GYN on April 4,2014. She conducted a biopsy of my uterine lining, and physically confirmed NO IUD. The OB/GYn reviewed the ultrasound again, and determined that the ESSURE inserts, were in my uterus instead of the correct position. She recommended an xray,to determine the next procedure. I may have to have the ESSURE inserts removed along with the fibroid. PLEASE do not do this procedure!
- Michelle’s Story My name is Michelle and I'm from Michigan. I had Essure procedure done in april of 2014. Had nothing but issues from the day after the procedure. Heavy nonstop bleeding pain cramps and […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had my Essure procedure in September 2011. It was marketed as easy, minimal pain, minimal side effects. On August 13, 2012 I had a hydrosalpinx (fluid filled fallopian tube) surgically […]
- Melissa’s Story I suppose I could consider myself lucky, as when I was having the procedure done, my ob/gyn could not insert the second 'spring' into my right fallopian tube in December of 2012. Months […]
- Kami’s Story I am a 39 year old woman with two children. I got the essure procedure done in June of 2014. One year later, my periods became erratic. Heavy bleeding and pain with each period. I started […]
- Blondine’s Story I was introduced to Essure while pregnant with my second child by my OBGYN to whom I expressed my concerns about not wanting to have anymore children. I have read the pamphlet that the […]
- July’s Story I am just starting the process to try and figure out the source of my chronic back pain. I am suspecting Essure. But, when I mentioned it to my gynecologist he said that it is impossible, […]