Hello. My name is Martha. I am 28 years old. I have 3 children ages 8, 6, and 5. When my youngest was conceived and we found out we were finally having a boy, we decided to look into birth control (permanent). We talked to the OB about our options. He suggested ESSURE right away. He said it was ‘safer than my husband having a vasectomy’.
Well, five years later and that couldn’t be further from the truth. The constant pain, nausea, migraines, back aches are ruining my life! Not to mention cramping between periods, moodiness(severe), depression because of being sick all the time. I can feel the coils at all times. I can not be intimate worth my husband with out cramping to the point that we have to stop. Do you know how that can affect a marriage? We are trying to save the money to have them taken out,because apparently it’s a ‘want’ not a ‘need’! This company needs to compensate for the surgeries (at the very least). I just want to be ME again!
- Leigha’s Story Hi, My name is Leigha Jenkins. I am a full time mother of three beautiful children. Two little girls who are 8 1/2 and 7 1/2, and one precious baby boy, (well I still call him my baby), […]
- Kristyna’s Story My name is Kristyna, I was 23 when I had the essure procedure done. I have three wonderful children and after talking to my doctor he suggested I have the essure procedure done. Since I […]
- Tiffany’s Story I had the Essure coils placed in October of 2011, after having months of bleeding that never stopped. The surgery went well and recovery was pretty easy. I had finally thought I was going […]
- Cecelia’s Story I am a mother of one boy, in 2006 I was flown over 100 miles away from home and admitted to the hopsital at 35 weeks with a thoracic aneurism at the age of 21 I had stumped the doctors. So […]
- Molly’s Story My name is Molly and I am 33 yrs old. I had the essure procedure done when I was 29 thinking that it would be the best thing for my health after having cervical cancer and for my […]
- Candi’s Story I had the essure procedure done in 2009 and I wasn't warned about any side effects of this procedure. They only thing I was told is its perminant form of birth control. The 1st 3months I […]