I had the Essure procedure done in 2006 at the age of 35 and my life has been a nightmare ever since. Shortly after the procedure I started having debilitating abdominal pain, fatigue and depression. Eventually I began having other symptoms and was diagnosed with Guillian Barre and Myasthenia Gravis. I was also having bowel issues and went gluten free. I was never tested for Celiac disease, but am pretty sure I have it considering how my bowel issues improved after leaving gluten out of my diet. I have also become sensitive to lactose. I eventually had to be lactose free as well. As time has passed my depression has worsened and I have anxiety with panic attacks. I have been hospitalized 4 times and have made numerous ER visits. I am on 8 different medications in addition to a monthly IVIG infusion.
I had to quit my job, unable to work full time. This has left me in financial debt. I also am a single mom to a special needs child with cerebral palsy. My poor health has made it difficult to care for her. There are days I feel hopeles. This is a glimpse into my nightmare of a life since I had the Essure procedure. Thank you for listening.
- Leslie’s Story I'm a 34 yr old mom of 3 kids. After are last child in 2003 we decided that he would be the last one. So after are son he was just a month old I went in to have the essure. It's been 4 yrs […]
- Jenny’s Story I had Essure placed in May 12,2011. I decided to get the Essure because it was non-invasive, non-hormonal, and no cutting involved with very few side effects . This is why I chose it over […]
- Tanya’s Story It All Makes Sense Now… I had essure placed October 2013. January 2014 I did my test for the placement and seal, it was very painful test, the lady said that she has never had anyone […]
- Judy’s Story My name is Judy Owsley. I am 29 years old. I got Essure done in 2008. I needed a permanent birth control, so they could do novasure. Since having Essure, I have been very sick. I gained 70 […]
- Rebecca’s Story I had my Essure coils placed in February of 2013 and thereafter felt like I was not recovering from the procedure as I was told I would. Initially I thought (hoped, rather) that my body […]
- Deanna’s Story My name is Deanna, I am 26 yrs old and i am a mother of two. I have had essure for 3 years now. In the past 3 years i have had infrequent periods, depression and weight gain. Prior to […]