I had the Essure procedure in May of 2010. Since I had the Essure proceudre my periods have been heavy, at times my periods would come 2 times a month lasting a week or longer. Sometimes I dont have a period at all and the next one is worse. My uterus is constantly hard and distended at all times. I have constant stabbing pains throughout the day whether I am ovulating/menstruating or not. I’ve had urinary incontinence but my implanting surgeon refuses to say its the Essure. I have had ovarian cysts that burst if I am on my feet too long throughout the day(which is often as a mother of 3). Sex has become painful in most positions. I have heavy vaginal discharges to the point I have to wear a pad at all times. I was not tested for nickel allergy and I believe its what is causing the rash break out on my stomach, breasts and back. While not itchy it makes me very self concious. I would never recommend this to other women.
- Patricia’s Story I had the Essure since October 2012. Since then I found it extremely difficult to lose weight, the more I tried the more I gained. I feel disgusting in my own skin. I not only look […]
- Leah’s Story I found out about this procedure from my previous doctor. She told me exactly how the procedure was done, but never told me that there were side effects. I had the procedure done in […]
- Leann’s Story Hello, I am 45 years of age and have had the essure implants for several years. My obgyn at the time recommended having it implanted before having an ablation done. I so desparately […]
- Cassandra’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2004 and have experienced multiple issues ever since. It started off simple enough with what I thought were menstrual cramps, even though I had […]
- Brittany’s Story I got the essure 9 months ago. I was going to get regular tubal but dr recommended essure. Hed delivered all 3 of my kids, so i trusted him. The first 8 months after i bleed, THE ENTIRE 8 […]
- Julia’s Story 5 years ago following the birth of my 5th child, my doctor suggested this method as a permenent birth controll. I agreed and received a depoprovera shot a month in advanc, then had the […]