I got the essure procedure a couple of months after my third son was born. That was in March of 2013. Since then I have had horrible pain in my uterus, debilitating pain that always sends me to the ER. And I had some very irregular bleeding. I would bleed for three weeks at a time but only a drop a day. After a few times in the ER and going to my obgyn they did a couple ultrasounds and discovered that the lining of my uterus was abnormally thick. The ob tried hormones to get me to have a regular period but it didn’t work and now I’ll be having a biopsy and PET scan to test for uterine cancer. I blame the essure procedure. It has destroyed my reproductive organs and I desperately wish someone would have told me the truth about essure before it was permanently implanted in my body. This is a ridiculous lapse in judgment on the essure people. I hope no one else has to go through this.
- Melissa’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2009 and I have had pain ever since. I had cervical cancer which was removed by a leep procedure a month after i had the Essure in. For the past year I have […]
- Salina’s Story My name is Salina, I'm 31, and this is my Essure Story. I had the Essure device implanted about 3 years ago, as a means of sterilization. I was a single mother to an extra special boy in […]
- Jeremy’s Story My Essure Story I had the Essure procedure done on September 18, 2013. My doctor gave me the pamphlet and the typical speil. I was told I would be off work two days, and could return […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2006. Since I got the implants I have had constant lower abdomen pain ranging from dull pressure pain to severe stabbing pain. It is something I have […]
- Archell’s Story I had Mirena IUD placed in October of 2012 due to heavy, painful, infrequent periods. I was reassured by my OB that the level of hormones was minimal and shouldn't pose a problem for me […]
- Melissa’s Story I had the Essure done 2 years ago. During the procedure the left tube was in spasms so the device would not go in. The DR. kept trying, forcing it in, for about 30-40 min. of agonizing […]