I had the devices installed after the birth of my son, other forms of birth control did not work for me very well. After coming out of anesthesia I had immediate pain and I let the nurses know. The pain got a little better but never went way. After losing my insurance the doctor told me that there was nothing he could do. I have gone to the ER on several occasions due to the pain becoming so intense it is hard to function. It was even harder once I moved to a different state and became married. Most of the doctors in Northern Indiana have never heard of the device or have no clue what to do. I have chronic pain on top of a bundle of other symptoms and the lower cost I have found with no insurance is $5,000 to have them removed and that is not on top of the cost for the anesthesiologist. I often feel disheartened and frustrated. It is good to know that there is such a wide support system out there and I am not alone. I am just hoping I can get the devices removed but I feel like that may never happen and I will live with the chronic pain.
- Delinda’s Story I have told my story once before but every year it seems a bigger nightmare! On top of chronic pain the excessive bleeding caused me to faint on numerous occasions in the past 10 years. In […]
- Heather’s Story In September 2010, I chose Essure as a permanent form of birth control. My doctor suggested this over the traditional tubal ligation as it would be performed in the office and no down time […]
- Amber’s Story My story actually involves two of Bayers devices, Mirena and Essure. After the birth of my daughter in 2007, I had the Mirena inserted after being encouraged by my doctor and his nurse. At […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had the Essure permanent birth control procedure done 3 months ago, 5 months after the birth of my third son. I have been in nonstop pain on my left side ever since I had it done. I […]
- DANIELLE’s Story On March 1 2013 I had the Essure system put in. I went about after three and a half months and the doctor gave me the orders to have the test done to make sure it had worked. I did not go […]
- Jennifer’s Story I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the news tonight. Before they ever said what the birth control was, I knew because I was experiencing similar symptoms. I am not having chronic […]