At 35 with an 18 year old daughter and 12 year old son. My husband and I decided that we were done having children. We were looking into options and came across Essure. After reading about the procedure it sounded non evasive and with little to no side effects. I had the Essure procedure done on June 19, 2014. Shortly after the procedure I was feeling nauseated most of the time, dizzy, headaches, extremely irregular periods bleeding with clotting then no period for a few months only to have sporting and clots again. I was told these side effects were from the Depo shot I had to take while the coils were cementing. My last shot of Depo was August 25, 2014 and I still have all the symptoms along with 20 extra pounds. I wish I had seen this sight before I had the Essure procedure. My quality of life has drastically changed. As I am told there is NO reversing the Essure, I’m not sure what to do from here.
- Melissa’s Story My husband and I didn't meet until we were 40 and didn't marry until we were 43. Neither of us had previously been married or had children. We had a pregnancy scare prior to marriage […]
- Melissa’s Story My name is Melissa. I am 34 years old, married and have 2 children. After years & years of heavy periods, cramping & just plain misery I decided to have an abaltion to try and […]
- Eda’s Story Wow, where do I begin? I saw the news article about Essure and Erin's efforts and I was floored… In early 2010, I decided to get Essure. My fiance and I had discussed this for some […]
- Kelley’s Story My name is Kelley Thornton and I would like to share my story with you in regards to my essure experience, how my life and body have been turned upside down. I first heard of the essure […]
- Karen’s Story Hi I go by Melissa. Where to start is the big question. I got remarried and we decided to have a child. I was at a later age of 38. After the birth I felt I was getting to old to have […]
- Melissa’s Story In July of 2010 I had the Essure procedure after having our second child. At the time, I was 38. My husband, Will and I decided we were done having children. My OB assured me that Essure […]