I have been seeing the same OBGYN for my whole adult life. In my early twenties, she told me I had a less than 1 percent chance of ever conceiving a child.
I have been overweight most of my life and have been sexually assaulted twice, once at the age of 5 and again at 17. These occurances caused complications monthly with excruciating pain as well as extremely heavy periods. I asked several times for a hysterectomy only to be told I was too young and finally in 2008 she agreed to an endometrial ablation, but only if I had the Essure procedure because if on the ‘outside’ chance that I did actually get pregnant, the baby would attach on the outside of my uterus.
Since then I have had constant lower back pain, in addition to severe pain in both my uteran and ovarian areas as well as what I can definitely say have been the most painful sexual relations of my life, which in turn have contributed to the breakdown of my marriage. My heart and prayers go out to all the others that have been unfortunate enough to be a part of this sisterhood. Stay strong ladies!!!!
- Michelle’s Story I had my son in July of 2005. I knew because of the complications of the pregnancy, premature birth and my age that he would be my last child. In October of that year I decided that the […]
- Cary’s Story I decided to get my tubes tied when i was pregnant with my third child, when i discussed this with my doctor, he suggested the 'new' way of getting my tubes done with less pain and a short […]
- Heather’s Story I like to tell people that I was a 'late bloomer.' I was married for ten years and never got pregnant. Then at age 38, I got pregnant for the first time and my husband and I were […]
- Rhiannon’s Story Hi I had my Essure put in, in October of 2010 after I had my son in August. They told me it was the answer to my prayers that no one had ever gotten pregnant after getting them in place. I […]
- Michelle’s Story I'm a mother of 3, and after my last child my husband and I decided our family was complete. I went to my OB/GYN who suggested the Essure, I was skeptical because I knew nothing and had […]
- Lacresia’s Story I was 24 years old when I had Essure 3 years ago. I had a 3 year old son, a 3 month old son and found out I was pregnant again with a 3rd unexpected son. I had just started Nursing […]