I had Essure put in November 2012 six weeks after the birth of my son. I thought it was a good choice versus tubal ligation since, according to the doctor, there was no bad side effects afterwards. I would be able to take care of my children.
The pain in the area of my Fallopian tube started about a month after the procedure. I also started having heart palpitations , dizziness, forgetfulness, trouble concentrating, chest pain, back pain, and episodes of pain that radiates through my whole torso. This has effected everything in my life. I am not physically able to be the wife and mother that I should be.
The pain is horrible but dealing with the fact that it is robbing my children of the mommy they deserve is just as bad. My husband is the one who works and we can not afford the insurance his work offers . This means I have no way to get help at this time. I saw my doctor who put it in and I was told come back when I have insurance. I feel like there is nothing I can do but live with this pain or make my family bankrupt. I wish all the time that I would have just had surgery and dealt with the recovery time in the beginning.
- Nichole’s Story I had the Essure procedure done back in 2007, just a few months after my fourth child was born in January. I've been having alot of problems from heavy bleeding with pretty big size red […]
- Jennell’s Story I had my baby girl in 2011, my husband and I decided she would be our last. Before she turned one is when I decided to make sure there will be no more babies. I talked to my doctor (this […]
- Alicia’s Story I had essure placed in July of 2012. I knew tying my tubes would take a little longer recovery time and I was told that this was just a quick office call and wasn't really told about any […]
- Aimee’s Story This was the worse decision I have ever made in my life. I have been dealing with alot of problems since the procedure. I was scared to get the regular tieing the tubes thing because of […]
- Angelia’s Story I had this procedure done 7 years ago. Not more than 3 months after I had it done I was in the hospital with migraines. I was a single mom and had 4 kids to take care of on my own with […]
- Sara’s Story My name is Sara Strum, and as I sit and type this I'm in severe pain. It starts in my abdomin, goes down into my groin and into my back, then down my leg all the way to my ankle. I had […]