I’m 36 and after 3 kids and 2 failed pregnancies I decided that I was done having babies. I’ve tried birth control pills, the IUD (copper) and so far all have failed me. Causing various issues from allergies to infections.
I spoke to my Dr about the options I was left with and was amazed at how easily this option was pushed. Basically told that this is that miracle I was looking for with out needing actual surgery. No surgery, no side effects (so they say) and no worries.
However given my prior history with all things pregnancy preventative related, I decided to read up on this Essure miracle solution. While I am glad I didn’t listen to the Dr’s and just jump head first… I feel for the ladies who have gone through this because I’m sure it was sold to them as the answer to all issues And worries.
It sickens me that perfectly healthy women are having these complications and not a thing is being done by the medical industry to pull it from shelves or at least be open about the very serious side effects.
thank you for sharing ur stories and for opening my eyes to the very real dangers of this procedure. Wish you all the best.
- Stacy’s Story I turned 36 in July 2011. I was aware of the warnings posted to women over 35 who were still taking the pill and I didn't really plan to have anymore kids, so I asked my OB/GYN what […]
- Kristina’s Story Hello ladies I am so glad I found this, like so many other women have wrote. I know we all have our own story and they are all simular. Like so many women on here I did not know ehat I was […]
- Nicole’s Story I had essure implanted in August of 2015 (age 33) and had my conformation test on time in November. I have 2 children, both cesarean births. My story is neutral for anyone looking […]
- Crystal’s Story I am 31 years old. I have had 6 kids, 5 in which are living. After several attempts to have a normal, healthy pregnancy ( baby ) and failing ; my husband and I decided to give up and get […]
- Joelie’s Story Three years ago my doctor told me I was at risk for blood clots taking birth control pills (which I have taken for over 20 years). Also my periods were heavy,painful,awful, and getting […]
- Melanie’s Story I hope my story is able to prevent someone from having essure placed in them.I would first of all like to start off by saying I am a mom of 5 beautiful children and two angels in […]