I had the Essure procedure done in 2006. I had been on Depo Provera for years and my doctor was worried about it affecting my bone density. Since I was older, in my thirties, birth control pills were no longer an option. Since I had the procedure, I have had excessive bleeding and cramping. Dec 2012, I started bleeding and it just wouldn’t stop. I kept seeing my doctor and he put me on birth control pills to stop the bleeding. Sep 25, 2013, I was supposed to have a uterine ablation. When the surgeon got in, he said he couldn’t do it because the ablation was not approved by the FDA with Essure. So they only did a hystereoscope and a D&C hoping that would work. The bleeding has stopped but the cramps are still there. My abdomen is bloated and painful. I wish I had never had the Essure done.
- Kayla’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April 2013, 6 weeks PP. I had cramping, back pain, and bleeding constantly everyday since the procedure, until the end of September of this year. Now […]
- Mandy’s Story I'm 39 years old. My husband and I decided that we were done having children. I had a very bad reaction to the depo provera shot. I didn't like the side effects to bc pills so I was […]
- Shannon’s Story I wish I had researched before I had this procedure done. I have six beautiful children and essure seemed to be the most simple permanent birth control solution after my last child. The 10 […]
- Alisha’s Story Hello, I am 35 years old and have had the measure for five years now. I recommended this procedure by my ob/gun due to having high risk pregnancy and my health risks high blood pressure […]
- Alisha’s Story I decided to have the essurr procedure after my fourth child and the first six months was horibble I bleed for three months straight until finally my doctor prescribe me Premarin to stop […]
- Cynthia’s Story I have four children and I was completely sure that I did not want anymore children. My doctor offered me this method of birth control and told me how effective it was. I had the procedure […]