Hi, I am still trying to figure out if Essure is contributing to my illness. I felt ill on BC pills and likely started some sort of hormone imbalance then. This was the reason I chose Essure. I was told it was made of surgical steel. Little did I know that surgical steel isn’t stainless steel. It is a mix of nickel, phtalates (sp), and titanium. All of which can cause allergic reactions in the body
I was told the confirmation test was dye flushed through the uterus. Not that contrast would be used. I don’t react well to contrast and would have made a different decision just knowing that.
I go in tomorrow to see a different obgyn to figure out if this pain is from the implants, or my pcos has come back or maybe some other problem.
I will likely get them removed but hope one of the handful of places that specialize in Essure removal can do so successfully. It will cost at least $4500 not including hotel and plane tics and car rental.
- Lisa’s Story Hi my name is Lisa Schoettmer. I had Essure done October 2011. I currently lost my child on August 5th 2011. The doctor I seen was Dr.Blake in Anderson Indiana. He is out of St. Vincent […]
- Carrie’s Story Hi my name is Carrie Sexton and here is my Essure story is: My husband and I had our last child in July 2009 and I was very sure that I did not want to have any more children. My doctor […]
- Monica’s Story I wrote here a couple months ago. I have been feeling very ill, especially in the last 8-12 weeks. I had the Essure implanted back in June. I chose this proceedure due to the fact that […]
- Addie’s Story June 2011 after having my third child my husband & I decided we were done having children. We couldn't afford me being out of work to get my tubes tied so I decided to go with the […]
- Chantel’s Story In 2007 I was convinced to get essure over an inplant style birth control. I was told they are made from stainless steel and so never took a copper alergy test. I am a fertile person and […]
- Christy’s Story I had the essure procedure on August 20th 2014, shortly after my last baby was born. I don't want anymore children and couldn't afford anymore so I opt for the essure as my doctor was able […]