I wrote here a couple months ago. I have been feeling very ill, especially in the last 8-12 weeks. I had the Essure implanted back in June. I chose this proceedure due to the fact that I hated the side effects of the pill, and cannot afford to do surgery that would take me out of work longer than a day or two.
Well, I have had pain since the implants. Thinking it was just my body adjusting, I put up with it. I chose not to do the HSG three months after the proceedure because I was not aware that contrast dye was used for this confirmation test and I don’t react well to contrast. I just went in for a vaginal ultrasound that confirmed that one of my implants has partially fallen out of my left fallopian tube, so now will have to have surgery to remove it.
I have also fallen ill with two autoimmune diseases since this proceedure. I can’t say if I was prone to them before this or not, but feel this may have contributed to my getting more sick with bilateral leg weakness, vision issues, pain when my abdomen is touched or pressed upon, etc.
- CJ’s Story The Essure coil implants impacted me tremendously and have been the worst experience of my life. Initially, I was told to insert the coil implants would be a quick procedure and would only […]
- Monica’s Story Hi, I am still trying to figure out if Essure is contributing to my illness. I felt ill on BC pills and likely started some sort of hormone imbalance then. This was the reason I chose […]
- Maranda’s Story I decided in 2007 to get the Essure procedure done after my second child. My normal ob/gyn did the procedure and assured me it was perfectly fine.Once the surgery was done and I came to my […]
- Monica’s Story I had Essure placed on 10-5-2009. There was actually a representative from the makers of the device that were present for the insertion. Once the procedure was over I experienced what […]
- Gwyneth’s Story My situation is not as drastic as some, but has had long term effects on my quality of life. I had essure placed in March 2013 with EXTREME agony during placement. My doctor told me […]
- Marzena’s Story I decided to get assure 3 years ago. I have three beautiful children and did not want to have any more babies. I was 32. I felt like this procedure was simpler and better than vasectomy. […]