My name is Nancy. I had the Essure procedure in Dec. 2006, 2 months after I had my last child. I didn’t want to take birth control because of the money and being forgetful. I was referred to a doctor by my gynecologist, met the doc once for an exam and then didn’t see him until after the procedure at the outpatient clinic. I recovered fine, had no immediate side effects. Fast forward to 2011/2012, I have severe cramping, feels like I am in pain all the time. I was concerned and went to my gynecologist who said it could be endometriosis. I didn’t want to have laproscopy for a ‘might be endometriosis’ diagnosis. I have been suffering too long and now I read that Erin Brocovich is fighting against the Essure procedure. I want to cry. I can’t imagine what is going on inside my body now. I am making an appt. to find out my options. What can we do from here? My sister had the procedure, too. I feel horrible recommending this to her.
- Heather’s Story I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) for a few years. Clinically, my doctor told me I was fine. My blood work always came back within normal limits, which was her justification that […]
- Malea’s Story After the birth of my 3rd child, I had the Essure placed in October of 2009. As someone with a high tolerance to pain, I just kept thinking the extreme cramping would subside. After about […]
- Janie’s Story Hello, I’d like to take the time to share my story about the little E-Devils, E-Hell a/k/a Essure Coils. First let me start by saying I am only 31 years old. Back in 2012 after having my […]
- Nicole’s Story I had Essure done at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Fl in May 2012. Not only did the surgery cost $12,000 but I had to pay out of pocket $1,200. Ever since the inserts were put in, my period […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009 after the birth of my second child. I had this particular procedure because I was told that there was less complications, it didn't require such a […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2008 after my youngest chlid was born. I was told that there were very minimal side effects and that is was a safe and effective procedure which would […]