I had the Essure procedure done June 24, 2013 after having my third child and wanting a permanent method of birth control. My doctor convinced me that this was the best and newest method so I trusted him and went through with it. The procedure itself was not what I expected and horribly wrong the doctor advised me he could not find my right fallopian tube and blindly inserted the coil.
After having excruciating pain the next day I called my doctor and advised him of the radiating pain on my right side and I was having difficulty urinating. He informed me it was normal and I would be having spasms and prescribed me pain meds. For the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday I coped with unbearable pain until Thursday June 27, 2013 at 1:45am I woke up with a stabbing pain on my right side we decided to go to the emergency room.
After several test I was diagnosed with appendicitis and rushed to emergency surgery. After waking up the doctor who had removed my appendix told me the metal coil that was supposedly in my fallopian tube was not the but floating in my abdominal area. That was why I was in so much pain and the cause of the inflammation of my appendix. I am very upset
- Cassie’s Story Hi my name is Cassie. I am 24 years old and a mother to a beautiful little girl and a baby boy. My husbandand I knew after we had our son that we didn't want any more children. I discussed […]
- Alicia’s Story I had essure placed in July of 2012. I knew tying my tubes would take a little longer recovery time and I was told that this was just a quick office call and wasn't really told about any […]
- Toni’s Story Hi Erin. Thanks for getting the word out. I had the Essure procedure done a couple years ago. I was told that it was a simple procedure and I would be in and out in 15 minutes. It took […]
- Jannecia’s Story I had the essure procedure done May 2006. Up until December 2013 I was fine. First sign of discomfort was pelvic pain which eventually start radiating to my back and thigh area. I went to […]
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Tenisha’s Story My essure was implanted in Aug. 2011. About a year after I started noticing what I call my phantom baby. It is a very large spasm that happens mainly on my right side lower abdomen […]