I got the essure procedure done after my youngest was born. I had it done in 2009 or 2010. From the moment the procedure started there were issues so I guess that should have been a sign. The doctor had some issues getting the coils in my Fallopian tubes but assured me everything was ok and they were placed correctly. I almost immediately started having pains in my stomach. I couldn’t even walk it hurt so bad. If I would move a certain way it would take me to my knees. I went back to the doctor several times over the course of a year and every time I was told they were in place and it must be hormonal. I tried several types of birth control to try to control the hormones and it didn’t help. I knew it wasn’t hormonal. Finally after a year I got the news that he would need to do a hysterectomy since I was in so much pain. In December of 2011 at the age of 30 I had a hysterectomy. Since then, I have never felt that pain I was feeling again. Something isn’t right with those coils and they need to be taken off the market.
- Kim’s Story In 2008 I went to my Doctor for excessive bleeding. I ride horses in competition. My Doctor who I had used for several years suggested that I have an ablation. He said that I could be […]
- Sara’s Story I am 32 years old and had been trying to get my tubes tied since I gave birth to my daughter at age 19. I always knew that I only wanted one child but was unable to find an OBGYN that […]
- Cherry’s Story This is not what I signed up for!!! I didn't know that when I was seeking permanent birth control that #1 my implanting doctor would refuse me a tubal and talk me into Essure. I was told […]
- Iriana’s Story I'm Iriana I'm 33 years old with 3 children and I had the procedure done in 2009 and my body hasn't been the same since. I've experienced heavy and very very painful periods, lots of […]
- Shalia’s Story My name is Shalia I am 30, but I was 22 at the time I got the Essure. I had just had my 2nd child and made the decision that 2 was enough for me so I began speaking with my doctor about a […]
- Amanda’s Story After having our 3rd child my husband and I talked about a form of birth control and my doctor told me about essure which sounded ok at the time. He said he had done the procedure before […]