My story has more to do with infertility than fertility. I had an enlarged fallopian tube that prevented me from becoming pregnant. On the advice of my local fertility clinic I had the Essure implant placed in that tube. I actually received two, because the tube was so enlarged. I continued with in-vitro fertiliztion procedures with no success. I knew something was wrong, and ultrasounds and x-rays confirmed it. One of the wires was in my uterus acting like an intrauterine device. After 9 failed attempts of in-vitro fertiliztion procedures over the course of 4 years, and my clinic denying anything was wrong, I was referred to another doctor. He performed surgery and found the Essure in the uterus. He removed the tube that became enlarged again. Six months later, my first attmept at in-vitro fertilization since the surgery, I became pregnant. During the caesarean delivery the other wire was discovered attached to the outside of the uterus. I only have the doctor who removed it to thank, as the Essure cost me fertile years and a lot of money for fertility treatments.
- Mistie’s Story I am 38 years old and have never been able to conceive due to having surgery to remove one tube and one overy when I was 20 due to an ifection in my tube. So in 2011 of august me and my […]
- Malea’s Story After the birth of my 3rd child, I had the Essure placed in October of 2009. As someone with a high tolerance to pain, I just kept thinking the extreme cramping would subside. After about […]
- Sarah’s Story I was going through a divorce as at the time i though it was a good idea to have the essure put in January 2013. But since then I have delt with pain and it just got worse and worse. I […]
- Nikki’s Story In febuary 2011 I had a consultation with my doctor about forms of birth control as I had six sucsseful preganancies and my family was complete. I wanted to make the best decision that […]
- Cairnie’s Story I had Essure done Feb 28, 2012. All seemed to go well until I had the 3 month follow up HSG confirmation test. It showed that one of the coils perforated my uterus and was in a coiled up […]
- Sherrisa’s Story We were undergoing infertility treatment when my fertility specialists suggested the essure due to a blocked tube which could lead to a tubular pregnancy. I was not informed of the risks […]