I decided to have the procedure done because I’m 46 years old and I already have 4 beautiful children and do not intend on having any more, especialy since I am single and don’t see a marriage in the near future. I was one of the few women who had to go in the doctors office a second time to have the other side done. I should have taken that as a sign and just left it alone at that point, but I didn’t want anymore children.
Since the procedure I have had more severe migraines, severe cramping, mood swings, breast tenderness, mild hot flashes all around the time of my menstrual cycle, except for the migraines, they are random. The severe migraines and cramping have interfered with my employment and missing a lot of unnecessary days of work.
I wish there was more information out there to have helped me make a better decision of a permanent birth control.
My suggestion to anyone looking to get this procedure done is to definetly look into ALL of your options and know that these side effects could happen to you.
- Angela’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in February of 2010 after my son was born since my husband and I decided we were done having children. The procedure itself went fine and much dye test came […]
- Ashli’s Story My name is Ashli and I'm a young mother of 2 beautiful children. I got exactly what I wanted- a boy and a girl. I knew I was done having children. When talking options with my doctor, and […]
- Randa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2009 after the birth of my fourth child. I needed to return to work as quickly as possible so this seemed to be the fix for me. I did not do any […]
- Stephanie’s Story At the beginning of 2014 i had my second son but it was my 4 pregnancy after having to and my son almost breaking my hip bones I decided I didn't want anymore kids. So I talked to my […]
- Melanie’s Story Essure…. Be sure…. I have had major medical problems many as some of my essure sisters. I had to carry an Eppi pen for months because my body would swell really bad and even my […]
- Jeannie’s Story I got the Essure done in October of 2013 since than it has not been checked on I have pains in my pelvic area it feels like I'm in labor again when my cycle starts. When I'm not on my […]