I got the Essure procedure done in 2010 and thought that it sounded like it was a good thing to do, as I could not take weeks off school to heal. Ever since this thing has been put inside me I have had one problem after the next. I suffer from massive migraines, horrible lower back pain and pains in my stomach around my uterus that almost bring me to the ground in tears. I also ended up with a cyst on my ovaries that burst sending me to the hospital in so much pain. Then, after I was rudely woken up and told about the cysts I was then told to go get it checked out because it might be cancerous.
I have not gotten anything checked as I have no insurance and I am a wife that is also a starving college student trying to pay for a degree so I can get a real job. I never really thought about what was going on to much because I didn’t really think the problems were coming from the Essure, though I did have my doubts about the procedure after it was done. I hope that the women all over the world who have gotten this done come forward to let the world know their symptoms, so that this may never again happen to any woman.
- Andrea’s Story I had the Essure procedure in January of 2012. At that time, I had a 25 month old little boy and a 9 month old little girl. My Mom was on chemotherapy, as she had just been diagnosed the […]
- Veronica’s Story I am 30 years old and feel as if my body is 60 or older. 4 Years ago I had the Essure procedure after having our fourth child. It was presented to me as a great new noninvasive form of […]
- Trish’s Story I have had my Essure implant since May 2005. Before I had my last child, I was already considering having my tubes tide, but I was not considering Essure. I was a full-time college […]
- MARIE’s Story I am crying with both relief that I am not crazy and fear for what I now have to do. I had Essure done about 8 years ago, my doctor did not mention any side effects or problems with the […]
- Marisol’s Story I had essure done in 2007. I wanted something fast and simple so I could get back to work and taking care of my baby boy and my then 5 year old daughter. I went to my O.B and told her […]
- Heather’s Story I like to tell people that I was a 'late bloomer.' I was married for ten years and never got pregnant. Then at age 38, I got pregnant for the first time and my husband and I were […]