I had Essure implanted in October 5th 2009. I was told it was easier then having your tubes tied. I started having constant back pain and very heavy periods. I was told this was because of a hormone imbalance so I was put on birth control pills. November 2013 I started to have a lot of pain in my abdomen and my periods were lasting weeks. When I when to see doctoe Oh of Cortland NY he told me pain is part of being a women deal with it. If the bleeding continues then come back and we’ll switch your birth control. I was also told the weight gain was from over eating. I gained 20 lbs in two months. I went and got a second opinion. This resulted in an internal sonogram that showed what my firs doctor saw but never said any thing. The coil in the left tube was coming out and curling into my uterus. My right side was implanted to far in as well. So at the age of 30 I had my tubes and essure taken out and an eblasion done. I sent a letter to the health department and was informed my life wasn’t worth them going after Dr Oh for neglect. I am pain feel and enjoying life now. Looking back I never would have chosen essure if I had known the end result.
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done at my healthcare provider back in August of 2010. Since the device is hormone free and permanent, I thought it was the best decision for me. By April, 2011, […]
- Paula’s Story I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I had the Essure procedure in February of 2008 at the recommendation of a friend, who was a nurse. She worked with a doctor who was recommending […]
- Raquela’s Story To all the women out there, young & old please be aware the tragic pain the Essure Birth Control causes! I had the Essure implant done last year when I was barely 24yrs old. I was told […]
- Patricia’s Story Hi everyone, my name is Patricia Rhodes. Early in 2000 my EX-husband decided we didn't want to have to pay for yearly exams and birth control for me. I had been on Depo Provera birth […]
- Rose’s Story I had the coils put in about 2011, I had a regular period for a few months then it just stopped coming. I am 47 & thought it might be early menopause, I have had some hot flashes as […]
- Patricia’s Story Like many other women I was looking for a reliable birth control method. So when I went in for my annual check up I was told about this new method in birth control. It sounded great I […]