I was 19 years old when my doctor discussed Essure with me. He had me believe Essure was like an IUD and it was not permanent. I was not informed of the risks of Essure and was under the impression it was a simple implant that he could put in his office.
After getting Essure in 2008 my life has change dramatically. I have had severe cramping, stabbing feelings in my stomach that wakes me up in the middle of the night. Every way I turn the stabbing feeling gets sharper. My stomach is constantly swollen and bloated. My menstrual cycles are heavy with clots bigger than a quarter. I am constantly tired and have severe mood swings that I have never experienced before.
After looking for answers I have been diagnosed with cysts on my cervix and mild dysplasia. I have been to many Doctors half of them are not even familiar with Essure and they tell me it’s probably stress. I have never had the ‘dye test’. I didn’t even know that I was supposed to get this done. I feel I have been lied to and now I am left with no one to help me with the symptoms I am experiencing.
- Malea’s Story After the birth of my 3rd child, I had the Essure placed in October of 2009. As someone with a high tolerance to pain, I just kept thinking the extreme cramping would subside. After about […]
- Marteshia’s Story Hi, I have had the Essure procedure now for 4 1/2 years. Over the years, I have experienced abdominal cramping, excessive menstrual cycles up to twice a month. I am anemic, now I have cyst […]
- Talitha’s Story I have had the Essure implanted for about three years now. I have been feeling not healthy for a while already. I have headaches, náusea, fainting spells, swelling, trouble losing weight, […]
- Debra’s Story I had my second and last child in 2009. I told my Obgyn I wanted my tubes tied and she mentioned that I should try Essure because it was a quick easy procedure and I wouldn't have to miss […]
- Ann’s Story In 2009 I was faced with a second surgery to rebuild levels C3-C7. I had been experiencing severe bleeding during my cycle and my obgyn suggested an Endometrial ablation followed by the […]
- Nicolle’s Story I have 4 really great kids which I love more than life. After my youngest daughter was born, I decided to have a hysterectomy because I was too fertile. My doctor said a hysterectomy at my […]