At the age of 23 I became a mother of 3.. I have had complications with each one of my pregnancies so I figured the right thing to do for my body was to not conceive anymore. I talked to my OBGYN about the different forms of birth control, and seeing as though i’ve already conceived on 2 forms of birth control I went with the essure because (as I was told) it was the most effective form of birth control. I completely regret my dicision. I thought the issues that i’ve been dealing with in my body were normal for the implant, or maybe that my body was just prone to infections. Today I found out different by researching the essure. I had no idea that there has been so many complications with this birth control. I will be scheduling an appoinment today thanks to this site and a couple more.
- Kathy’s Story At age 45, my period became very erratic. 3 times I swore I was pregnant, even though I was careful. My doctor recommended the essure procedure so that I had one less worry. I have […]
- Daneen’s Story I had the procedure done about 10 years ago. Over the past 8 years, my life has been hell. Between the pain, the extremely heavy bleeding, the headaches, the hair loss and many other […]
- Tyasha’s Story Every day I regret the day I got the Essure procedure. It's good to see I'm not the only one. I'm a single mother of 3 and I hate that I chose this procedure, but of course the Doctor […]
- Beth’s Story My name is Beth, and I had the Essure procedure done in May of 2011. I had never heard of it before then. I had turned just turned 40, and my obgyn wanted to take me off of birth control […]
- Heather’s Story At 18 years old, when I was 38 weeks pregnant, I had to have an emergency c section due to complications from Pre Eclampsia. At 20 when I got pregnant a second time, I went and seen my […]
- Cassandra’s Story My name is Cassandra I am a single mother of three children. I had decided about a year ago that my family was complete. I didn't want any more children. I am the sole income and knew I […]