I received the Essure implants in August of 2014. While I have not experienced things that are horriffic, I have gained 45 pounds since they were placed a little over one year ago. I have also experienced depression and fatigue to a level that is worse than when I had a baby and a toddler needing my attention. I am 32 years old and this level of tiredness is not normal for me. It has begun to affect my home life since I am too tired to help my children with their homework and I get short with my husband quickly due to being exhausted. No amount of sleep is ever enough.I do my best to exercise and walk/run with my son. I have changed my diet and reduced my sugar/carb intake. Nothing works! The pounds just keep adding up.I have spoken with my doctor regarding Essure being the possible cause but get the same response ‘there is no medical evidence to support your claims’ and it has been ‘in all the women’s magazines lately’. This blatant dismissal of my potential issue was my last straw. I want to tell any woman who is thinking of getting these stupid coils, DON’T DO IT! I wish I would have listened to the friend who told me not to.
- Rachel’s Story I am now 37 yrs old. I had esure implanted the week after I buried my kids dad in August 2014. I had the appt set up months before due to having ehlers danlos syndrome coupled […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure implant about 5 years ago. Thought it was the best thing until I started to have very heavy menstral periods. I would not last a half hour without having to change […]
- Andrea’s Story My 2nd child was born March 29, 2007. The pregnancy was very normal, and I gained a minimal amount (30 pounds). Once the baby was born, I lost all but 10 pounds right away. Shortly […]
- Erinn’s Story My husband and I decided that having children was not in the cards for us, so we did what we thought the responsible thing would be and had me sterilized. I asked my doctor to perform a […]
- Karla’s Story Hello My name is Karla and this is my story. I was 20 years old when I got the Essure procedure done, with two kids I felt like it was time for me to stop having kids, i wanted to give my […]
- Rachel’s Story I was inplanted with essure begging my ob/gyn to tie my tubes After my second child. He told me 'oh we don't do that anymore, only for c sections, would you like a csection?' Why […]