Ever since getting the procedure in 2007 I have had terrible abdominal pain, weight gain around my stomach, painful, long, heavy periods and an unwell feeling. Sometimes the abdominal pain is so intense I cry. Other times I have pain that feels as though my uterus is falling out. I can’t explain it but it’s horrible.
I want this removed but I don’t have insurance anymore after being laid off. I am hoping that I can this removed when I am eligible for insurance again.
This has been a nightmare for me. I wish I had never had this procedure but at the time it was my best option.
I hope that other women will think twice before doing this to their bodies. I feel as though I have shortened my lifespan with this procedure. I really don’t know yet what extent of damage it has done but as soon as I am able I will find a doctor to help me.
- Rachel’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2008. Since then I have had a swollen belly and constant pain in my abdomen. It's like I am having cramps all the time. Lately, the pain has become worse with […]
- Misty’s Story Hello, my name is Misty Baumgardner. I got the essure procedure done 3 years ago, I have had infection after infection. I also get bloated for no reason, even spot and some times bleed […]
- Chandra’s Story Hi I got the essure procedure done 2 yrs ago and ever since then I have had so many problem I have abdominal pain all the time and it's worse on my period and before I had the procedure my […]
- Rachel’s Story I had the essure birth control put in july of 2013. instantly i had severe pain it took my dr over 2 weeks to finally do an emergency surgery to see whats going on. well while in surgery […]
- Betsy’s Story I put the essure in and I became pregnant after a few months. I was having severe abdominal pain so I went to the doctor after so many test where completed it was the essure it was […]
- Chrystal’s Story I talked to my doctor about tubaligation when I was pregnant with my 4th child. He suggested the essure. He told me all about how much better it was than the tubaligation. I told him I […]