Where do I being…around 2007 I had the Essure procedure. I was given medication not long before the procedure and was told it would relax me…well let me say I cried the entire time, it was so PAINFUL. I never want anyone to experience that pain. I’ve had 2 children and would have a child again rather than experience that. As time passed I noticed my period got heavier and heavier, I had to wear 2 night time pads usually and it was for days at a time. Prior to the surgery, my periods were regular no more than 3-5 days, my period then became 6-9 days and extremely heavy. Fast forward to 2013 and I fainted while cooking dinner (thankfully I fell backwards and not on the stove). After months of testing and doctor visits it was determined it must have been from the blood loss monthly. I was told a hysterectomy was the best option. Well that solved the blood loss but not the sleeping issues, rashes that appear out of nowhere and headaches. Without going any further, this option was not the best for me. I did not do my research and in 2007 it was new so I trusted the doctor. In was an in/out procedure so I assumed it would be no problems especially after.
Not sure where to turn now.
- Angela’s Story I have 2 little ones and my husband and I had decided that we were done having children. I went in to speak with my obgyn about having an ablation for my heavy periods but was told that i […]
- Robin’s Story In 2010 I gave birth to my 5th child at the age of 24.. Needless to say I was done!! My Doctor had spoken with me about Essure in the months leading up to delivery and because I only had […]
- Jenifer’s Story Back in 2008 I decided after my 3rd child I was done with having children. My doctor suggested I have the essure coil put in me, said it was great and easy and would work for me. So the […]
- Letisha’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on the 10/11/12. I tried to get my tubes tied in 2007 but because of too much scar tissue from a previous surgery my Doctor was unable to get to my tubes, […]
- Amy’s Story I had my first child in 2010. We began trying for baby #2 in 2012 but had 3 pregnancies end in early miscarriage. After a successful pregnancy in 2013, I decided I could not go […]
- Jen’s Story At 29 years old, I had the Essure procedure on March 28, 2013. I was sore after the procedure and my abdomen was swollen, but thought that this was normal and would pass. Then 5 days went […]